What rights does a parent or eligible student have if, as a result of the hearing, the school decides that the information in the education record is not inaccurate or misleading?

The parent or eligible student has the right to place a statement in the record commenting on the contested information in the record or stating why he or she disagrees with the decision of the agency or institution. The agency or institution must maintain the statement with the contested part of the record for as long as the record is maintained disclose the statement whenever it discloses the portion of the record to which the statement relates.

Parents and Students
K-12 School Officials
Postsecondary School Officials
Parent and Eligible Student Rights