- operating a Student Privacy Help Desk, offering assistance on complex student privacy issues to the education community via phone or email;
- developing privacy and security training materials for States and districts;
- issuing privacy and security best practice recommendations, including issue briefs and checklists;
- conducting technical assistance site visits to SEAs and LEAs; and
- hosting privacy-focused regional meetings and lessons learned forums for education stakeholders.
Bios for the key staff charged with educating the field on student privacy can be found here.
Student Privacy Leadership at ED
Frank Miller, Acting Director
Ross Lemke (Contractor), PTAC Manager